Passover is almost upon us and I’m hearing little cries of distress on what to do. Paleo, Primal, Celiac, strict/not strict, I just want to eat healthy(er)! It can be hard to think outside the box with your brain on “shoulda woulda coulda what holy smokes eeek” overload. There won’t be any regrets this holiday if I can help it so let’s get to business.
After scouring about the intertubes getting annoyed with some sites and recipes, coming across new things that thrilled me, I was able to compile a list that I approve of because, well, I know best. Sometimes. Pesach bitches! Ger yer schmaltz on.
- Dogfish Head Tweason’ale is a pleasant gluten-free sorghum based brew. Available for a limited time, it’s seasonal, in 4-packs or by growler. Dry and almost wine-like with a musky nose, fruit and floral notes. A bit sweet but not cloying at all. Similar to a mead.. probably the closest comparison would be the Honeymaker Strawberry or Dry from Maine Mead Works.
- Food & Wine Offers up their top 5 Kosher wines and NPR has a great piece on how not to dread the ceremonial four glasses.
- Sipping Seder Has cocktail recipes inspired by the traditional Passover seder plate. I KNOW! Kind of the best discovery ever.
- Elana’s Pantry Maror to Kugel to some really nice desserts
- Elana’s Pantry Paleo Passover Similar to her gluten-free menu but more tailored
- Gluten-Free Bay A great collection of gluten-free Passover recipes, who cares if they’re from 2007
- Real Food Forager Takes it a bit further and has the hookup for Paleo/Primal, Grain Free SCD/GAPS
- The New York Times This is a killer Passover database. If you can’t find one thing in their collection please get in touch with me so we can have a conversation. I’ll be nice, but.. we should talk.
- The Rebbetzin Chef’s Persian Walnut Cookies. Almonds can be substituted, the recipe is going into my “to do” file as I think they will rule.
- Yehuda Matzos Whole Foods carries them, gluten-free and very tasty. Seriously.
And because I can – how about a cat, a kippah, and a few festive props?